SpanishEnglish

French

Italian

German

Japanese

Chinese

Portugués

  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
  • Visit Segovia
Home»Microsites»Religious Segovia

Other places of interest

IGLESIA DEL SEMINARIO [SEMINARY CHURCH]
The Compañía de Jesús [Society of Jesus] was established in Segovia in 1559. The church of the Segovia Conciliar Seminary was built in the latter third of the 16th century dedicated to San Felipe and Santiago [St. Philip and St. James].
In the 18th Century, the church was reused by Bishop Alonso Marcos de Llanes Argüelles to found the Segovia Conciliar Seminary.

 

PALACIO EPISCOPAL [EPISCOPAL PALACE]
The building of the Episcopal Palace, which is located in Plaza de San Esteban [San Esteban Square], dates back to the 17th Century, when Bishop of Segovia Manuel Murillo y Argaiz acquired it in order to build the new Palace. It was built under the supervision of José de la Sierra, who conserved the primitive granite façade and completed the structure with three further sides, organised around a porticoed courtyard in the Baroque Classical style.
The first floor houses a museum, in which the public and private rooms of what was the residence of the bishops of Segovia between 1752 and 1969, as well as three collections of very representative art, can be viewed.

 

 

Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner